No new updates - Second Town Hall is August 6th.
Click here to view the feedback received by the board and further clarification from the office.
Below is a copy of the email that was sent to members June 20th regarding the status of the BYLAWS process, followed by a link to the draft version referred in the letter.
For three years various Members on the Bylaws Committee have been working diligently to update our bylaws. This was needed for several reasons including:
· Liability – the Bylaws were 20 years old!
· The need to address today’s issues versus those at inception of JBMI
· Correcting and updating language
· Clarifying “muddy” areas
· Updating, clarifying and adding definitions
During those three years, the committee held multiple open meetings and surveyed the Members and incorporated those suggestions and survey results. The Bylaws Committee recommended a draft to the current JBMI Board who agreed that the draft was ready to go out for review and comment by the members.. Although the draft is in the process of being reviewed by our lawyer, we want to ensure that Members have plenty of opportunity to review, comment and have their questions answered.
There are multiple ways for you to review the bylaws and share your suggestions:
· The Draft Bylaws will be posted on the JBMI website
· There will be copies of the Draft Bylaws in the JBMI office
· After review, you can email your thoughts/comments/suggestions/questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board will email comments received and answers to questions about the Draft Bylaws to all Members on a regular basis. Emails sent to addresses other than this one will be forwarded to this email so that ALL comments and answers to questions can be seen by all Members.
· Town Hall Meetings – scheduled for August 6, 6:30 pm at the South Shore Clubhouse
This is an exciting time and an opportunity for all Members to shape the type of community they want to live in. We hope to hear from you over the next few months!
Click here to read the draft version of the document in full
To Sharon Cochran!!
Thanks to Sharon for all her work on piicking up the ball and ensuring that the BYLAWS process is back on track. Thank You Sharon!